At Denchic Dental Spa, we’re passionate about preventative dentistry and maintaining good dental hygiene – a vital part of protecting your healthy, beautiful smile. Our team of dentists provide expert dental hygiene treatment and advice to keep your smile looking its best.
During a regular check-up appointment, the dentist will carefully examine your teeth, gums and mouth and let you know of any potential problems that need treating. The dentist will also advise you on the best way to clean your teeth, including using products such as interdental brushes to clean between teeth, and which are the best oral care products for you.
The dentist may also discuss your diet and habits such as drinking alcohol and smoking, all of which can affect your teeth. They will also scale and polish your teeth to remove plaque build-up.
Why is dental hygiene important?
The two most common causes of tooth loss are gum disease and tooth decay. Good dental hygiene at home and regular check-ups with one of our dental team is the best way to prevent such problems before they arise.
Have you any dental hygiene tips?
Dental hygiene tips for all the family
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day in the way your dentist shows you. Brush them for two minutes each time with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Use interdental brushes or floss to clean between teeth – brushing alone cleans just 60 percent of the surface of the teeth
- Use an antibacterial mouthwash to protect gums
- Supervise younger children when they brush their teeth
- Visit your dentist regularly – they will advise you how often you need to visit
- Get children used to visiting the dentist from an early age
- Cut down on sugary food and drink, including alcohol
- Avoid smoking, which stains the teeth and can cause tooth loss
- Cut down on sugar in your diet, and eat a healthy, balanced diet
- Drink sugary drinks such as smoothies or fruit juice through a straw
To book an appointment for a dental hygiene check-up, telephone 02037406537 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.